Monday, July 24
Latest News
  1. Attacker's home to be demolished as ministers call for execution
  2. Jerusalemites continue praying outside Al-Aqsa compound in protest
  3. Reports of 'attempted security breach' at Israeli embassy in Jordan
  4. PA and Hamas call for national unity over Al-Aqsa, on their own terms
  5. Reports: Israeli forces shoot, injure Palestinian at Nablus checkpoint
  6. Palestinian detained for ‘praying for bad things to happen to police’
  7. Palestinian activists banned from entering J'lem, using social media
  8. Israel detains 42 Palestinians, including MP, in overnight raids
  9. Israel reportedly bans Palestinians from working in settlements
  10. Israeli settlers attack Palestinian cars, erect new outpost in protest

PLO: 56 Palestinians killed, 897 injured since peace talks began

March 19, 2014 7:06 P.M. (Updated: March 21, 2014 12:58 P.M.)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- Israeli military forces have killed 56 Palestinians and injured 897 since the resumption of peace negotiations with Israel in July, the Palestine Liberation Organization said Tuesday.

"Israeli violations of international law and human rights continued unabated. Rather than demonstrate goodwill during this period, Israel has done the opposite, with the aim of derailing the US peace efforts led by Secretary of State Kerry," a PLO statement said.

There have been over 500 settler attacks on Palestinian civilians and their property in the occupied West Bank and Israeli forces have arrested over 3,000 Palestinians in 3,767 military raids.

Israel has also begun work on 10,509 housing units in illegal settlement while simultaneously demolishing 146 Palestinian homes, the PLO said.

The numbers did not include 15-year-old Yousef Nayif Yousef Shawamrah Abu Akar, who was shot and killed by Israeli forces on Wednesday in the southern West Bank.

Witnesses said the victim had been foraging for local plants when he was shot, but the army claimed he and two others had been vandalizing the security fence.

Peace talks between Israelis and Palestinians were relaunched in July under the auspices of the United States after nearly three years of impasse.

Israel's government has announced the construction of thousands of housing units in illegal settlements since peace talks began.

The internationally recognized Palestinian territories of which the West Bank and East Jerusalem form a part have been occupied by the Israeli military since 1967.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2017