Wednesday, June 26
Latest News
  1. Palestinian goverment: 26 million in development of ministries
  2. Rudeineh: Washington us unable to achieve anything by itself
  3. US: “No plan for unilateral annexation by Israel of the West Bank"
  4. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  5. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  6. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  7. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  8. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  9. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  10. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp

8 hurt in Nablus clashes, 1 critically

Nov. 18, 2013 5:08 P.M. (Updated: Nov. 19, 2013 11:28 A.M.)
NABLUS (Ma'an) -- Eight Palestinians were injured on Monday in clashes with Israeli forces south of Nablus, locals said.

Abed al-Athiem al-Qadi, the mayor of Qusra village, told Ma'an that clashes broke out earlier in the day after Israeli settlers uprooted 26 olive trees in the village.

Israeli forces arrived on the scene and fired rubber-bullets at Palestinian villagers, injuring eight people. Hamada Abdullah Abu Rida, 18, was shot directly in the chest and transferred to Radifa hospital.

He is said to be in a critical condition.

Bahjat Saed, Sayel Rebhi, Abed Salah, Odwan Anad, and Ahmad Mousa Kharbush were identified as those injured.

An Israeli army spokeswoman told Ma'an that "a short while ago there was a confrontation between Palestinians and Israeli civilians. Security personnel arrived at the scene and dozens of Palestinians hurled rocks at the soldiers. In response they used riot dispersal means and one Palestinian was lightly injured."

Settler attacks against Palestinians and their property are routine and rarely prosecuted.
Most Read
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015