Tuesday, July 16
Latest News
  1. Palestinian goverment: 26 million in development of ministries
  2. Rudeineh: Washington us unable to achieve anything by itself
  3. US: “No plan for unilateral annexation by Israel of the West Bank"
  4. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  5. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  6. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  7. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  8. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  9. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  10. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp

Israel issues stop-work orders to Hebron mosque, house

Oct. 28, 2013 3:34 P.M. (Updated: Oct. 29, 2013 12:53 P.M.)
HEBRON (Ma'an) -- Israeli authorities on Monday issued stop-work orders for a mosque and house in a village south of Yatta, a local official said.

Al-Dirat village council official, Muhammad al-Adra, told Ma'an that Israeli military forces and civil administration officials issued the orders before taking photos of the mosque and residential property.

The house belongs to Nasser Muhammad Ibrahim al-Adara and is under construction.

Locals have been fixing the roof of the mosque since last week.

Israel has destroyed more than 500 Palestinian properties in the West Bank and East Jerusalem since the beginning of this year, displacing 862 people, according to OCHA.

The South Hebron Hills, known locally as Masafer Yatta, lies almost entirely in Area C, the 62 percent of the West Bank under full Israel civil and security control since the 1993 Oslo Accords.

Around 3,000 Israeli settlers live in illegal Jewish-only settlements in the Yatta region, according to the Applied Research Institute Jerusalem.

The safety of these settlers is often given as an excuse for displacement of Palestinians who lived in the area.
Most Read
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015