Saturday, Sept. 21
Latest News
  1. Palestinian goverment: 26 million in development of ministries
  2. Rudeineh: Washington us unable to achieve anything by itself
  3. US: “No plan for unilateral annexation by Israel of the West Bank"
  4. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  5. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  6. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  7. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  8. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  9. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  10. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp

Sources: Military preps for Sinai attack

Aug. 9, 2013 6:09 P.M. (Updated: Aug. 11, 2013 2:55 P.M.)
CAIRO (Ma'an) -- A senior military source told Ma'an Friday that Israeli authorities shut down Eilat's airport after Egypt sent a warning about an attack originating in the Sinai.

Egyptian intelligence agents feared that armed groups were preparing to target security buildings in the Sinai including sites along the Suez canal.

Military sources told Ma'an that Egyptian airplanes and helicopters were flying over the Sinai to track down the would-be attackers, but there were no immediate reports of clashes.

The airport in Israel's Red Sea resort resumed flights on Thursday after a brief shutdown over unspecified security concerns, the military said.

"The airport is open after a new situation report," a spokeswoman told AFP, without further explanation.

The military earlier ordered the cancellation of all flights in and out of Eilat for about two hours following a security assessment, but gave no details of the possible threat.

Only domestic flights had been scheduled to land or take off from the southern town.

Most Read
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015