Saturday, April 20
Latest News
  1. Israeli forces shoot, injure Palestinian at Nablus checkpoint
  2. Palestinian prisoner enters 15th year in Israeli prisons
  3. 37 Palestinians injured during weekly Gaza protests
  4. Dozens injured by Israeli forces in weekly Kafr Qaddum march
  5. Israel prepares to demolish home of Palestinian attack suspect
  6. Israel shuts down Palestinian soccer tournament in East Jerusalem
  7. Israeli navy opens fire at Palestinian fishermen
  8. Israel demolishes home of Palestinian suspected of killing Israeli
  9. Teen activist urges EU to focus on climate change
  10. Israeli settlers attack Palestinian family in Hebron City

Israel reopens Nablus checkpoints after shooting

June 25, 2013 9:20 A.M. (Updated: June 26, 2013 10:58 A.M.)
NABLUS (Ma'an) -- The Israeli army reopened all checkpoints in Nablus Tuesday morning after a 30-minute closure in response to gun fire at an Israeli settler bus.

The Israeli army said shots were fired toward a bus near the Huwara checkpoint in southern Nablus, and that bullet shells had been recovered at the scene. The army is searching for the suspect, a spokeswoman said.

Caretaker Prime Minister Rami Hamdallah's convoy was stopped during the closure at the Zatara checkpoint for 30 minutes, a source told Ma'an.

The army neither confirmed nor denied that Hamdallah's convoy was stopped, saying "we have no way of knowing."

A Ma'an correspondent said the closure caused a severe backlog of traffic from Nablus and Zatara to Ramallah. Residents are being investigated in the search for the suspect, the correspondent said.

The Israeli army spokeswoman said the all checkpoints were now operating as normal.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015