Monday, April 22
Latest News
  1. Health of hunger-striking prisoners continues to deteriorate
  2. Israeli court rules to evict settlers from Palestinian-owned home
  3. Japan funds Palestinian project for replacing compost production plant
  4. Sri Lanka lifts curfew as death toll rises to 290
  5. Israel issues 75 administrative detention orders against Palestinians
  6. Israel seals off Ibrahimi Mosque to Muslim worshipers
  7. Minors among 10 Palestinians detained by Israeli forces
  8. Israeli minister, dozens of settlers raid Al-Aqsa compound
  9. Arab League pledges $100m per month to PA
  10. Israeli forces open fire at Palestinian farmers, fishermen

Report: Settlers start over 50 fires in West Bank

May 1, 2013 3:22 P.M. (Updated: May 2, 2013 8:45 P.M.)
RAMALLAH (Ma'an) -- Settlers started over 50 fires across the West Bank on Tuesday following the fatal stabbing of a settler in Nablus, official news agency Wafa reported.

A report by the civil defense said firefighters had to deal with 57 fires caused by settlers. Hundreds of olive and almond trees were damaged and large areas of cultivated crops were destroyed, the report said.

Settlers attacked Palestinians and their property in the Nablus and Tulkarem areas on Tuesday, following the fatal stabbing of a settler earlier in the day.

Settlers attacked a mosque and burned tires at junctions in Nablus. They also hurled stones at Palestinian cars, including two buses holding schoolgirls, injuring over 20 people.

Four Palestinians were injured and taken to the Rafedia Hospital in Nablus for treatment following clashes with Israeli forces in the village of Urif, where settlers had damaged a mosque.

Israeli forces rarely prosecute settlers for violence against Palestinians and their property, which is routine in the occupied West Bank.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015