Tuesday, Oct. 17
Latest News
  1. Israeli settlers steal olive harvest, attack Palestinian farmers
  2. Israeli bulldozers level land in northern Gaza Strip
  3. Gaza fishermen deny reports saying Israel to expand fishing zone
  4. Israeli forces detain 16-year-old Palestinian in overnight raids
  5. Israeli forces detain 2 Palestinians crossing Gaza border into Israel
  6. 5 Palestinians injured during clashes with Israeli forces in Gaza
  7. Saeb Erekat in recovery after successful lung transplant
  8. Israel releases Palestinian lawmaker after 7 months in prison
  9. US, Israel withdraw from UNESCO over 'anti-Israel bias'
  10. Hamas and Fatah sign reconciliation deal

Farmers blocked from Hebron land

Feb. 9, 2013 1:30 P.M. (Updated: Feb. 12, 2013 9:51 A.M.)
HEBRON (Ma’an) -- Israeli forces prevented nearly 150 farmers and activists from reaching their lands in Susiya in the south Hebron hills on Saturday morning, locals said.

They said Israeli soldiers declared the area a closed military zone, but allowed Israeli settlers to remain in the area.

Susiya is fighting a court battle against the demolition of their homes, and to gain access to farmland near an Israeli settlement established on Palestinian land.

At hearing last week, Israel's Supreme Court ordered the Israeli state to give the court an appropriate zoning plan and its position on the repeated blocking of Susiya residents from their land.

Rabbis for Human Rights, which is helping represent Susiya in court, said over 1,000 letters of support for Susiya were sent to Israeli President Shimon Peres last week.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2017