GAZA CITY (Ma’an) -- A Palestinian man died Saturday in northern Gaza after his house caught fire, medics said, two days after a family of six died in a blaze.
Raed Abu Hayya, 42, died when his house caught fire in the al-Saftawi neighborhood of northern Gaza. Medics said the fire was the result of a candle left unattended.
On Thursday six family members, including four children, died in a house fire east of Gaza City, medics said.
Hazem Mahmud Dahier, 32, his wife Samar, 30, and their children, 4-month-old Qamar, Farah, 3, Nabil, 5 and Mahmud, 6, were killed in the fire, medics said.
Civil defense officials retrieved the bodies from the home in the al-Shujaiyeh neighborhood. They said the fire was caused by a candle.
Prosecutor Ismail Jaber has issued instructions to investigate that fire, officials said.