Thursday, July 27
BREAKING
Tens of Palestinians injured as Israeli forces raid Al-Aqsa compound
Latest News
  1. Israeli forces detain 17 in overnight West Bank raids
  2. Jordan: Israeli embassy staff won't return until guard is prosecuted
  3. Israeli forces reopen all gates, as thousands re-enter Al-Aqsa
  4. Tensions remain after Israeli forces remove Al-Aqsa security measures
  5. Israeli forces install iron gate at an entrance of Bethlehem-area town
  6. Amid Al-Aqsa crisis, bill against division of Jerusalem passes reading
  7. Umm al-Fahm buries 3 Al-Aqsa assailants after Israel releases bodies
  8. Jerusalemites celebrate as Israel removes Al-Aqsa security measures
  9. Fire outside Israeli national insurance headquarters in East Jerusalem

Israeli forces kill woman near Hebron

Jan. 23, 2013 2:55 P.M. (Updated: Jan. 25, 2013 10:34 A.M.)
HEBRON (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces shot and killed one person and injured another in the Hebron district on Wednesday, medics said.

Witnesses told Ma'an that Israeli soldiers traveling in a civilian car opened fire at a group of people at the entrance to al-Arrub refugee camp south of Bethlehem.

Lubna Munir Hanash, 22, was shot in the head and died from her injuries, medics said.

Suad Yusuf Jaara was shot in the hand and transported to Ahli hospital in Hebron.

Witnesses told Ma'an that after the shooting Israeli soldiers prevented an ambulance from arriving at the scene for around 10 minutes.

Locals said there were no clashes in the area at the time.

An Israeli army spokeswoman said that "soldiers were attacked by Palestinians who hurled multiple firebombs at them while they were traveling near al-Arrub. Soldiers returned fire and the circumstances of the incident are currently being reviewed."

Israeli soldiers searched the area and found several firebombs ready for use, she said, adding that no soldiers were injured in the incident.

Earlier on Wednesday, Salih al-Amarin, 15, died of his wounds in an Israeli hospital after being shot in the head during clashes with Israeli soldiers in a refugee camp in Bethlehem on Friday.

That incident followed a spate of fatal shootings by Israeli soldiers that killed four Palestinians in a week.

Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Salam Fayyad issued a statement calling for "strong condemnation from the international community" of these shootings, and urged "immediate intervention to compel Israel to desist from these serious attacks on our people."

Reuters contributed to this report.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2017