Friday, July 28
Latest News
  1. Jordanian King slams Netanyahu over handling of embassy guard crisis
  2. Israel imposes new restrictions on Al-Aqsa
  3. At least 100 Palestinians detained from Al-Aqsa Mosque amid clashes
  4. Palestinian shot in head on Monday succumbs to wounds
  5. IPS releases Shirin Issawi from solitary confinement after 36 days
  6. Israel releases mother of Halamish attacker Omar al-Abed
  7. Tens of Palestinians injured as Israeli forces raid Al-Aqsa compound
  8. Israeli forces detain 17 in overnight West Bank raids
  9. Jordan: Israeli embassy staff won't return until guard is prosecuted
  10. Israeli forces reopen all gates, as thousands re-enter Al-Aqsa

Peace Now: Israeli govt secretly approved settler outpost

Jan. 8, 2013 9:32 P.M. (Updated: Jan. 10, 2013 5:32 P.M.)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- After the Israeli government gave official sanction to three settler outposts last year, a fourth illegal community has been included in the boundaries, an Israeli peace group said Tuesday.

All Jewish settlements in the West Bank are illegal under international law. However, Israel distinguishes between settlements it has approved and the outposts which were never granted official authorization.

In April 2012 the Israeli government retroactively authorized three outposts -- Rehelim, Sansana and Bruchin.

Settlement watchdog Peace Now said the Israeli army issued a military order officially establishing the boundaries of Rehelim a few days ago, and it includes a further outpost, Nofei Nehemia, not included in the original list.

"This authorization marks the government’s 10th authorization of illegal outposts, being the only government to ever authorize outposts," the group said.

Set up by settlers in 2002, Nofei Nehemia had 32 mobile homes until another 12 permanent homes were built in the outpost in the past year, Peace Now said.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2017