Thursday, Nov. 26
Latest News
  1. Palestinian teen shot 2 weeks previously dies from wounds
  2. Palestinian shot after attacking Israeli soldier dies from injuries
  3. Israeli forces detain 4 teens from al-Issawiya
  4. Israeli troops detain 31 Palestinians across West Bank, Jerusalem
  5. Kerry supports Israeli 'self-defense' against 'senseless terrorism'
  6. 2 Palestinians, 1 Israeli settler injured in car accident near Hebron
  7. Israeli forces detain 8-year-old boy near Hebron
  8. Abbas meets with Kerry in Ramallah during Mideast visit
  9. 7 Palestinians detained in Hebron district
  10. Israeli forces raid homes of Palestinian teens who stabbed soldier

Official: Israel demands 52,500 shekels to delay home demolitions

Dec. 26, 2012 9:37 P.M. (Updated: Dec. 29, 2012 7:39 P.M.)
NABLUS (Ma'an) -- Israel's high court on Wednesday ordered 21 Palestinians to pay 52,500 shekels to delay the demolition of their homes in the northern West Bank, a Palestinian Authority official said.

Ghassan Daghlas, who monitors settlement activity, told Ma'an the homeowners, from Yatma, were ordered to pay 2,500 shekels to the court by Friday to delay demolition while the court considers their case.

Hamid Sunuber, head of Fatah in the village, said Israel ordered the demolitions because the homes are in Area C, the 60 percent of the West Bank under full Israeli control.

Sunuber questioned the timing of the demolition orders. "Is this a response to the recognition of Palestine as a non-member state in the UN General Assembly?" he asked.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015