Saturday, Feb. 06
Latest News
  1. Palestinian village sealed for 2nd day after deadly attack
  2. Israeli forces detain 8, deliver 5 demolition orders in predawn raids
  3. Israeli forces detain 26 across the occupied West Bank and Jerusalem
  4. Isareli forces raid hometown of 3 Palestinian attackers
  5. Hamas: reconciliation talks between delegations, not leadership
  6. Protesters demand return of Palestinian bodies in East Jerusalem
  7. Two Palestinian girls detained after attempted stabbing attack in Raml
  8. Israeli forces detain 15 Palestinians across West Bank
  9. Israel to hand over long-time Jordanian prisoner after hunger strike
  10. Israeli forces detain 4 Palestinian fishermen off Gaza coast

Gaza official: Egypt pledged to end Rafah blacklist

Dec. 16, 2012 1:42 P.M. (Updated: Dec. 18, 2012 9:55 A.M.)
GAZA CITY (Ma’an) -- Egyptian authorities have pledged to end a blacklist of Gaza residents who cannot use the Rafah crossing to leave the coastal strip, an official in Gaza said on Sunday.

Cabinet secretary-general Abdul Salam Siyam said Egypt also promised to increase the Rafah's capacity for passengers.

Applauding Egypt's support to Gaza, Siyam noted the significant difference between the current government and that of ousted Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak in their position towards Palestine.

Also on Sunday, EU foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton told Saudi-newspaper Okaz that Europe was considering returning its border monitors to the Egypt-Gaza border.

Last month, EU representative John Gatt-Rutter told reporters that the EU was prepared to redeploy its European Border Assistance Mission at Rafah crossing, "but that necessitates the approval of all sides."

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2016