Monday, Feb. 08
Latest News
  1. Israeli forces detain 3 children, 6 others in West Bank raids
  2. EU calls on Israel to stop home demolitions, settlement expansion
  3. Israeli authorities to return bodies of 2 Jerusalemites
  4. Israel revokes Israeli work permits from Qabatiya village residents
  5. Israeli forces kill Sudanese man suspected of stabbing in Ashkelon
  6. Imprisoned hunger striker al-Qiq refuses Israeli offer to be released
  7. Israel lifts blockade of Qabatiya after three days
  8. Israeli military raids West Bank towns, detains 6
  9. Egyptian power lines to Rafah disconnected for maintenance
  10. Clashes erupt after caravan attempts to break Qabatiya closure

Foreign Press Association condemns Israel attack on cameramen

Dec. 14, 2012 9:08 P.M. (Updated: Dec. 14, 2012 9:08 P.M.)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- The Foreign Press Association on Friday condemned an assault by Israeli soldiers on two of its members in Hebron covering the shooting death of a Palestinian teenager.

The group said Yousri al-Jamal and Maamoun Wazwaz, cameramen who work for Reuters, were stopped while driving to the scene of the shooting incident in the heart of the city.

"The FPA condemns in the strongest terms the assault by Israeli soldiers of two of our members in Hebron earlier this week," the group said in a statement.

"Press freedom is the signal of a civilised nation. The assault and humiliation of reporters trying to do their work is unacceptable and falls far, far below the standards that the IDF says it adheres to."

The FPA welcomed the army's decision "to carry out a full investigation into the incident and expects that the soldiers involved face severe consequences for their actions."
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2016