Tuesday, Sept. 01
Latest News
  1. Turkish court arrests British journalists on terror charges
  2. Locals: Boko Haram kills nearly 80 in NE Nigeria villages
  3. Austria smuggler crackdown as Europe divided over migrant crisis
  4. 'Largest ever' Med gas field found off Egypt
  5. Egypt muezzin suspended over 'Facebook prayer call'
  6. 3 Canadians, Pakistani, Nigerian among dead in Saudi fire
  7. 'A Sinner in Mecca' documents gay Muslim pilgrimage
  8. A year on, Yazidis so close yet so far from Iraq hub
  9. Delayed Egypt elections to start on October 17
  10. Blast at Syria's Palmyra prompts fears for famed temple
  11. 11 dead, dozens hurt in fire at Saudi oil giant housing complex
  12. Red Crescent: 7 bodies wash up on Libya beach
  13. Egypt elections to start on October 17
  14. Kuwaiti MP: Iran is 'true enemy' of Gulf Arabs
  15. Iran bars Barenboim, thwarting Tehran concert plan
  16. Qatar exports plunge over 40 pct in year
  17. Beheaded Syriac bishop beatified a century after death
  18. Hungary police make new arrest over Austrian migrant tragedy
  19. Berlin, Paris, London seek urgent EU meeting on migrant crisis
  20. French PM: Migrants fleeing war, persecution must be let in

Israeli authorities destroy olive groves, wells, barns near Hebron

Nov. 28, 2012 8:26 P.M. (Updated: Nov. 29, 2012 5:44 P.M.)
HEBRON (Ma'an) -- Israeli authorities on Wednesday leveled olive groves and demolished irrigation wells and barns near Hebron in the southern West Bank, the Land Research Center said.

Israeli forces escorted a civil administration crew with bulldozers to Wadi al-Qatami in Beit Ula where they dug up olive fields, destroyed three wells used for irrigation and demolished three sheds that farmers used as storehouses, the center said in a statement.

They uprooted around 1,000 olive saplings and loaded them on a truck, the center added.

Beit Ula mayor Muhammad al-Amlah told Ma'an that Israeli forces stole the olive trees.

He said the land belonged to Suleiman Darabei, Ibrahim al-Atrash, Tawfiq al-Uweiwi, Samih al-Amlah and his brother Muhammad.

In Ramallah on Tuesday, the Palestinian Authority cabinet condemned what it termed continued Israeli aggressive acts against its people and their property in the occupied West Bank.

A statement issued after a weekly meeting noted the approval to build an archeological park on 22 dunums adjacent to the southern wall of the al-Aqsa Mosque compound in occupied Jerusalem.

"This is in addition to the occupation army's bulldozing of agricultural land south of Bethlehem and the uprooting by settlers of more than 400 olive trees in Hebron in addition to Israel's campaign of detentions of more than 250 citizens, including six Legislative Council Members during the Israeli aggression on Gaza," the statement said.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015