Thursday, July 27
Latest News
  1. Tensions remain after Israeli forces remove Al-Aqsa security measures
  2. Israeli forces install iron gate at an entrance of Bethlehem-area town
  3. Amid Al-Aqsa crisis, bill against division of Jerusalem passes reading
  4. Umm al-Fahm buries 3 Al-Aqsa assailants after Israel releases bodies
  5. Jerusalemites celebrate as Israel removes Al-Aqsa security measures
  6. Fire outside Israeli national insurance headquarters in East Jerusalem
  7. Palestinian factions call for Friday protests in support of Al-Aqsa
  8. Israeli settlers raid Palestinian home in Hebron, move in furniture
  9. EU court rules to keep Hamas on terror blacklist
  10. Al-Haq: Palestinian shopkeepers suffer as Old City souq remains closed

Islamic Jihad says military capabilities not affected

Nov. 18, 2012 7:24 P.M. (Updated: Nov. 19, 2012 7:53 P.M.)
GAZA CITY (Ma’an) -- Islamic Jihad's armed wing said Sunday its military power has not been harmed by five days of Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip.

Abu Ahmad, spokesman for the al-Quds Brigades, told Ma'an the ongoing battle would end with victory for the Palestinian people and their resistance.

"Our fighters are going on with missile attacks," he said, adding that the brigades had injured 16 Israelis in Ashdod, Ashkelon and Ofakim on Sunday.

Abu Ahmad denied Israeli claims that hundreds of missile launching pads had been destroyed, saying that Israel only hit civilians and fake targets.

The Al-Quds Brigades spokesman said the political leadership of Islamic Jihad had started discussions in Cairo to set the criteria for reaching a ceasefire, which must guarantee the protection of the Palestinian people.

"Israel is seeking to step down from the war locomotive after the Israeli government realized how huge the predicament they got involved in is," he added.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2017