Thursday, May 28
Latest News
  1. EU asks member states to admit 40,000 asylum seekers
  2. Official: Bangladesh plans to move thousands of Rohingya to island
  3. Iraq forces in Anbar push, stir over operation codename
  4. Brother urges Iran to free reporter held on 'laughable' charges
  5. Yemeni pleads guilty in New York to Al-Qaeda conspiracy
  6. UN seeks new date for Yemen talks
  7. Draft bill on transsexuals sent to Iran parliament
  8. EU to unveil latest plan to absorb migrants fairly
  9. Spokesman: Libya PM escapes assassination attempt
  10. AFP: Multiple explosions, gunfire in Kabul diplomatic area
  11. Govt: Kabul gunbattle ends with four attackers killed
  12. Turkey says training of moderate Syrian rebels begins with US
  13. Pro-government fighters push rebels out of Yemen city
  14. Police: suspected Fulani herdsmen kill at least 23 in central Nigeria
  15. Obama: Russia adopting 'increasingly aggressive posture' in Ukraine
  16. Washington Post reporter stands trial in Iran for spying
  17. Austrian 14-year-old jailed on 'terrorism' charges
  18. Saudi beheads 88th person, exceeding last year's total
  19. Charter buys US giant Time Warner Cable in $78.7 billion deal
  20. Diplomat: France suspends security cooperation with Burundi

Hundreds of settlers visit Nablus tomb

Nov. 14, 2012 10:10 A.M. (Updated: Nov. 14, 2012 8:44 A.M.)
NABLUS (Ma'an) -- Hundreds of settlers visited Joseph's Tomb in Nablus overnight Tuesday, local sources told Ma'an.

Around 15 buses protected by Israel's military entered the tomb compound after midnight to perform religious rituals. The buses left at 6 a.m. on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Israeli forces arrested three men from the nearby Balata refugee camp. Clashes with local youths broke out during the arrest operation.

Nidal Najwan al-Sheikh Khalil, 24, his brother Muhammad, 22, and Ahmad Naji Abu Hamadeh, 23, were named by locals as those detained.

An Israeli army spokeswoman said there were no reports of any arrests overnight.

Under the 1993 Oslo Accords, the site in Nablus was to remain under Israeli control. But the Israeli army evacuated the premises in October 2000 shortly after the start of the second intifada, or uprising, and it was immediately destroyed and burnt by the Palestinians.

The restoration of the tomb was completed recently, and following improved security cooperation with the Palestinian Authority, the army allows Jewish worshipers to make monthly nocturnal pilgrimages to the site.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015