Thursday, Feb. 11
Latest News
  1. 16-year-old Palestinian shot dead during clashes in Hebron's al-Arrub
  2. Israeli forces blockade Bethlehem-area village after nearby stabbing
  3. Israeli forces detain 12 Palestinians across West Bank
  4. PA fails to cover Gaza student tuition fees pledged last year
  5. Knesset approves divisive 'NGO transparency bill' in first reading
  6. Israeli settler wounded in Gush Etzion stabbing
  7. Foreign press voices dismay as Israel alleges media bias
  8. Hamas fighter killed in week's 2nd deadly tunnel collapse
  9. PLO condemns Hamas military wing for execution in Gaza Strip
  10. 2 Palestinian girls detained after alleged stabbing attempts

PA official: 1 injured in settler raid on Nablus village

Nov. 3, 2012 7:33 P.M. (Updated: Nov. 4, 2012 5:50 P.M.)
NABLUS (Ma'an) -- Settlers raided the Nablus village of Urif on Saturday, injuring one man, a PA official said.

Ghassan Daghlas, who monitors settler activity in the northern West Bank, told Ma'an that over a dozen settlers raided the village, leading to clashes with locals.

Walid Safadi, 19, received head injuries in the incident.

Israeli forces arrested Issam Safadi during the clashes, locals said.

An Israeli army spokeswoman said around 20 settlers and 20 Palestinians gathered near Yizhar settlement opposite Urif village, but had no reports of arrests or clashes.

The Nablus district experienced the majority of settler violence in 2011. The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian affairs reported that over 2,500 olive trees were destroyed in September 2011, and 7,500 throughout 2011.

Settler attacks on Palestinian communities and their property are systematic and rarely prosecuted by Israeli authorities.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2016