Sunday, Nov. 29
Latest News
  1. Israeli forces close Nablus checkpoints after Jerusalem attack
  2. Israeli forces prepare to demolish homes of 2 alleged attackers
  3. Israeli forces ransack homes, detain 15 in West Bank raids
  4. Israeli forces close 3rd Hebron radio station this month
  5. Woman stabbed, injured in Jerusalem, attacker flees the scene
  6. Palestinian man shot dead after alleged attack in Jerusalem
  7. Main entrance to Beit Ummar sealed following attacks
  8. Israeli forces shoot, injure 82 Palestinians in Gaza, West Bank
  9. Palestinian woman reportedly attempts stabbing at Bekaot checkpoint
  10. Israeli border police officer stabbed in Nahariya, north of Haifa

Israeli forces detain at least 15 Palestinians overnight

Oct. 15, 2012 12:06 P.M. (Updated: Oct. 16, 2012 2:46 P.M.)
HEBRON (Ma’an) -- Israeli forces detained at least 15 Palestinians across the West Bank at dawn on Monday, according to local activists and the army.

A military spokesman said the army detained five people in Nablus, three in Tulkarem, two in both Jenin village Bala and Ramallah village Saffa, and one person in Salfit.

Locals told Ma'an three youth were also detained overnight in Hebron-district town Beit Ummar, but the military said only two were taken in an Israeli police operation.

Beit Ummar popular committee spokesman Muhammad Ayyad Awad said several homes in the town were searched before forces took 25-year-old Muhammad Sami Dabarnah, 18-year-old Muatazz Yousif al-Anani, and 15-year-old Rifaat Saadi al-Alami.

He noted that a farmer from the town, Muhammad Abdul-Ghani Suleibi, had been released, a day after he was seized by forces tending his land near the Israeli Bat Ayin. His agricultural equipment was confiscated and he is banned from visiting his land more than twice a week, according to Awad.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015