Thursday, Nov. 26
Latest News
  1. Palestinian teen shot 2 weeks previously dies from wounds
  2. Palestinian shot after attacking Israeli soldier dies from injuries
  3. Israeli forces detain 4 teens from al-Issawiya
  4. Israeli troops detain 31 Palestinians across West Bank, Jerusalem
  5. Kerry supports Israeli 'self-defense' against 'senseless terrorism'
  6. 2 Palestinians, 1 Israeli settler injured in car accident near Hebron
  7. Israeli forces detain 8-year-old boy near Hebron
  8. Abbas meets with Kerry in Ramallah during Mideast visit
  9. 7 Palestinians detained in Hebron district
  10. Israeli forces raid homes of Palestinian teens who stabbed soldier

Settlers build new illegal outpost near Nablus

Oct. 3, 2012 6:24 P.M. (Updated: Oct. 4, 2012 5:05 P.M.)
NABLUS (Ma'an) -- Jewish settlers on Wednesday started building a new illegal settlement outpost on privately-owned Palestinian land in the northern West Bank, a Palestinian Authority official said.

Ghassan Daghlas, who monitors settlement activity in the northern West Bank, told Ma'an that settlers installed mobile homes, water tanks, tents and agricultural sheds on a hill in Yanun, near Nablus.

In late September, settlers used bulldozers to flatten 200 dunams of land in the area.

On Tuesday the Palestinian Authority condemned settler activities in the West Bank.

The cabinet in Ramallah said settlers set up mobile homes on private property in al-Khader in Bethlehem, and condemned settler attacks on farmers in Mikhmas near Ramallah and two Nablus-area villages.

Ministers warned of the possibility of escalation in "these systematic and organized attacks during the upcoming olive harvest season and the targeting of Palestinian farmers".
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015