In the Name of God; The Most Gracious; The Most Merciful
1. We call on our people in the homeland and the shatat to participate in the civic registration drive for the forthcoming PNC elections; registration will take place in Palestinian embassies, institutions, associations and clubs wherever our sons and daughters are.
2. Active participation in the registration drive will affirm our people’s commitment to our inalienable rights, foremost amongst them the rights of return, self determination, and the establishment of the independent Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its capital. It also strengthens, and on a democratic basis, the status of the PLO as the sole legitimate representative of the Palestinian people.
3. Participating in the registration drive reaffirms the unity of the Palestinian people, and their right to determine our national affairs, based on the principles of democracy and popular sovereignty.
4. We affirm the need to hold PNC elections that encompass the entirety of our people as all reconciliation agreements have stated, including the Cairo agreement; implementing these agreements on the ground is a national responsibility that falls on the shoulders of all Palestinians.
5. In this year, during which we mark the 64th anniversary of the Palestinian Nakba, we must assemble our ranks and unify our voices, invigorating democratic participation in the occupied homeland and in exile.
• Dr Jamal Muheisen, Commissioner General for External Relations, and Fatah Central Committee member
• Abbas Zaki, Commissioner General for Arab Relations and the Republic of China, and Fatah Central Committee member
• Marwan Barghouthi, Prisoner and Fatah Central Committee member
• Dr Mousa Abu Marzouk, Vice-President of the Political Bureau of Hamas
• Osama Hamdan, Head of International Relations, Hamas
• Dr Aziz Dweik, Prisoner and Hamas leader
• Abdel Rahim Malouh, Deputy Secretary General of the PFLP
• Qais Abdel Karim (Abu Leila), DFLP Political Bureau
• Sheikh Khaled al-Batsh, Leader in the Islamic Jihad Movement and Coordinator of the National and Islamic forces in Gaza
• Dr Mustafa Barghouthi, Secretary General of the Palestinian National Initiative (Al Mubadara)
• Munib R. Masri, Chair of the Secretariat of the Palestinian National Forum
• Abdel Mohsen Qattan, Former Speaker of the Palestine National Council, Qattan Foundation
• Professor Salahaddin Dabbagh, Former Chairman of the Palestine National Fund
• May Sayigh, Former Secretary General of the General Union of Palestinian Women
• Sheikh Mohammad Hussein, Grand Mufti of Jerusalem and Palestine
• Sheikh Dr. Ikrima Sabri, Imam of Al-Aqsa Mosque, President of the Higher Islamic Committee, Jerusalem
• Archbishop Theodosios Atallah Hanna, Archbishop of Sebastia, Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem
• Professor Khalil Hindi, President of Birzeit University
• Professor Kamalein Shaath, President of the Islamic University of Gaza
• Abdel Bari Atwan, Editor-in-Chief, Al-Quds Al-Arabi, London
• Professor Bayan Nuwayhed al-Hout, Historian and Professor Emeritus in Political Science
• Dr Haidar Eid, Steering Committee member of the Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI)
• Hani Kalouti, Member of the Board of Trustees of the Welfare Association and the Arab Fund for Arts and Culture
• Issam Younes, Director of Al Mezan Centre for Human Rights, Gaza
• Jamil Hilal, Sociologist and Member of the Palestinian National Council
• Dr Karma Nabulsi, Professor at Oxford University, and former PLO representative
• Khalil Abu Shammalah, Secretary of the Freedoms Committee in Gaza and Director of Addameer Human Rights Association
• Laila Khaled, Member of the Palestinian National Council
• Dr Mamdouh Aker, Former Commissioner General of the Independent Commission for Human Rights in Palestine
• Mohammad Abu Meizar (Abu Hatem), Former Head of Fatah Foreign Relations
• Mohammad Sawalha, President of the British Muslim Initiative (BMI)
• Omar Barghouti, Founding member of the Palestinian Civil Society Boycott Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) Campaign
• Oraib Rantawi, Director of Al Quds Centre for Political Studies, Amman
• Suha Barghouti, Steering Committee Member of the Palestinian NGO Network (PNGO)
• Suheil Natour, Director of the Human Development Centre, Beirut
• Tayseer Nasrallah, Coordinator of the Global Palestine Right of Return Coalition, and member of the Higher Committee for the Defense of the Right of Return.
*The PFLP has asked that the following amendment be added to the first point: Registration is the means to holding direct elections to the Palestinian National Council