Thursday, Nov. 26
Latest News
  1. Palestinian teen shot 2 weeks previously dies from wounds
  2. Palestinian shot after attacking Israeli soldier dies from injuries
  3. Israeli forces detain 4 teens from al-Issawiya
  4. Israeli troops detain 31 Palestinians across West Bank, Jerusalem
  5. Kerry supports Israeli 'self-defense' against 'senseless terrorism'
  6. 2 Palestinians, 1 Israeli settler injured in car accident near Hebron
  7. Israeli forces detain 8-year-old boy near Hebron
  8. Abbas meets with Kerry in Ramallah during Mideast visit
  9. 7 Palestinians detained in Hebron district
  10. Israeli forces raid homes of Palestinian teens who stabbed soldier

PRC says will hold to truce with Israel

March 13, 2012 5:38 P.M. (Updated: March 13, 2012 5:38 P.M.)
GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- The military wing of the Popular Resistance Committees said at a press conference Tuesday it was committed to a truce with Israel to halt fighting sparked by the assassination of the movement's leader.

The Al-Nasser Salah Ad-Din brigades told reporters in Gaza that it would halt fire as long as Israel keeps its commitment to the Egypt-brokered deal, which includes ending hostilities and assassination of political leaders.

If Israel breaks the deal by killing any Palestinians, the brigades will respond with greater force, the group said.

It claimed it had fired 56 rockets into Israel in response to the killing of its chief Zuheir al-Qaisi on Friday. Rockets injured eight Israelis in the ensuing violence, while Israeli airstrikes killed 25 Palestinians and wounded more than 80.

Islamic Jihad, whose fighters were targeted in the strikes, announced earlier Tuesday it would hold to the truce.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015