Thursday, Feb. 11
Latest News
  1. 16-year-old Palestinian shot dead during clashes in Hebron's al-Arrub
  2. Israeli forces blockade Bethlehem-area village after nearby stabbing
  3. Israeli forces detain 12 Palestinians across West Bank
  4. PA fails to cover Gaza student tuition fees pledged last year
  5. Knesset approves divisive 'NGO transparency bill' in first reading
  6. Israeli settler wounded in Gush Etzion stabbing
  7. Foreign press voices dismay as Israel alleges media bias
  8. Hamas fighter killed in week's 2nd deadly tunnel collapse
  9. PLO condemns Hamas military wing for execution in Gaza Strip
  10. 2 Palestinian girls detained after alleged stabbing attempts

Israeli court to consider evacuating Hebron settlers

March 4, 2012 8:11 P.M. (Updated: March 6, 2012 10:33 A.M.)
HEBRON (Ma’an) -- Israel's supreme court on Monday will consider whether to evacuate settlers from two properties in Hebron's old city, the Hebron Rehabilitation Committee said Sunday.

"An Israeli court is going to reconsider evacuating settlers from Palestinian stores which they occupied," HRC said.

"The stores were shut down by Israel in 2000 and belonged to Abdul Jawad al-Ewiwi and Abdul Razik al-Ewiwi."

HRC is committed to preserving the cultural identity of Hebron's old city, as well as reviving its infrastructure.

Around 800 Jewish settlers live among 30,000 Palestinians in the parts of the ancient city that are under Israeli control.

Israeli restrictions on movement and access, many of them dating back to the Palestinian uprising at the start of the decade, have turned parts of the old city into a ghost town.

Poverty has risen in a city that was traditionally an engine of the Palestinian economy.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2016