Sunday, Feb. 14
Latest News
  1. Hundreds rush to southern Gaza Strip after Egypt opens Rafah crossing
  2. Palestinian National Initiative holds Gaza sit-in for al-Qiq
  3. Quartet: Significant steps needed to avoid deterioration on the ground
  4. Israeli army threatens village after residents protest settler road
  5. Palestinian, 18, shot dead after stabbing Israeli soldier in Hebron
  6. 6 wounded after Palestinian car tries to flee Israeli forces
  7. Palestinian woman in labor delayed passage out of sealed town
  8. Hunger-striker 'on brink of death,' says lawyer, as health worsens
  9. Clashes erupt during weekly Friday demos, child seriously injured
  10. Israel ‘not willing’ to solve case of Palestinian on hunger strike

Haniyeh to leave Gaza for first time since siege began

Dec. 25, 2011 10:17 A.M. (Updated: Dec. 26, 2011 2:43 P.M.)
GAZA CITY (Ma’an) -- The premier of the Hamas-run government in the Gaza Strip is to depart via Egypt on Sunday for the first time since the enclave came under siege.

Ismail Haniyeh is scheduled to visit Egypt, then Sudan and a number of other countries, according to sources in Gaza. The tour could include Turkey, Qatar, Tunis, and Bahrain, the sources say.

Haniyeh’s political adviser Muhammad Rizqa announced last week that Haniyeh would visit a number of countries including Qatar after being invited by the emir.

Hamas government spokesman Taher al-Nouno said that the tour aims to garner support for implementing political reconciliation, as well as raising awareness about Israeli violations in Jerusalem.

Haniyeh will also thank various regional countries for supporting the Gazan people living under blockade, al-Nouno said.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2016