Monday, May 25
Latest News
  1. 'Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash killed in US car crash
  2. Report: Malaysia home minister says mass graves found
  3. Pentagon says Iraqi forces 'failed to fight' in Ramadi
  4. EU says Russia's NGO law is a 'worrying step'
  5. Yemen president insists on rebel pullback for UN talks
  6. Libyans arrest 600 Europe-bound illegal migrants
  7. Syria regime helicopter comes down in Aleppo province
  8. Saudi Shiites refuse to be provoked by suicide bombing
  9. Fresh air strikes and ground fighting in Yemen
  10. Saudi identifies dead suicide bomber, confirms link to IS
  11. Burundi activists suspend govt talks after opposition figure murdered
  12. Report: Malaysia home minister says mass graves found
  13. UN: Iranian aid cargo boat for Yemen offloaded in Djibouti
  14. Commanders: Iraq forces attack IS east of Ramadi
  15. Leading 'No' figure concedes in Irish gay marriage vote
  16. Saudi-led coalition pounds Yemen rebels in three cities
  17. Police: 3 killed by two grenades in Burundi capital
  18. Official: 39 dead in Mexico clash between police, armed civilians
  19. US Senate approves fast-track trade authority for Obama
  20. Senate blocks bill that would end US bulk data dragnet

Home near Nablus 'firebombed by settlers'

Oct. 27, 2011 4:04 P.M. (Updated: Oct. 29, 2011 10:26 P.M.)
NABLUS (Ma'an) -- A family in Nablus says Israeli settlers blew up a room in their home and firebombed their jeep early Thursday.

Shaheer Hanini, 40, told Ma'an the family was woken by two blasts at their home in Beit Furik at around 2 a.m.

They found a room at the back of the house burnt out and their jeep, parked in front of the home, on fire. Hanini says he used a water tank to put out the blaze.

Hanini said a gas tank outside the home attached to an oven had been dragged into the living room and set on fire, and he blamed settlers for the attack.

The family's furniture, TV, laptop and cell phone were destroyed in the blast.

Palestinian Authority settlement affairs official Ghassan Doughlas said the attack marked an escalation in settler violence. He urged the international community to intervene.

Palestinian People's Party politburo member Nasr Abu Jaish told Ma'an that the incident was an organized and provocative action targeting civilians.

Abu Jaish said parties would meet in Nablus on Thursday to form committees to protect homes and guard communities from further attacks.

David Haivri, an advocate for settlements in the northern West Bank, said his community was unaware of the allegations and doubted their validity.

"We think they're making it up," he told Ma'an.

Meanwhile near Jerusalem, settlers uprooted some 20 olive trees in southern Jerusalem, police official Luba al-Samri said. They vandals left a banner reading "price tag," al-Samri said.

Israeli police are investigating the incident, al-Samri added.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015