Saturday, April 20
Latest News
  1. Israeli forces shoot, injure Palestinian at Nablus checkpoint
  2. Palestinian prisoner enters 15th year in Israeli prisons
  3. 37 Palestinians injured during weekly Gaza protests
  4. Dozens injured by Israeli forces in weekly Kafr Qaddum march
  5. Israel prepares to demolish home of Palestinian attack suspect
  6. Israel shuts down Palestinian soccer tournament in East Jerusalem
  7. Israeli navy opens fire at Palestinian fishermen
  8. Israel demolishes home of Palestinian suspected of killing Israeli
  9. Teen activist urges EU to focus on climate change
  10. Israeli settlers attack Palestinian family in Hebron City

Egypt envoy: No plan to demolish Gaza tunnels

Sept. 2, 2011 6:10 P.M. (Updated: Sept. 3, 2011 7:03 P.M.)
GAZA CITY (Ma’an) -- Egypt has denied plans to demolish tunnels on the border with Gaza.

Yasser Othman, ambassador to the Palestinian Authority in Ramallah, said Friday that no decision had been taken about the tunnels.

The plan is to restore security in the Sinai and the border area -- not to tighten the siege on Gaza, he says.

He said the security campaign in the tunnel area will only target areas which threaten Palestinian and Egyptian security.

He also said that restoring security in the northern Sinai would help Egypt improve facilities at the Rafah crossing.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015