Thursday, Sept. 19
Latest News
  1. Palestinian goverment: 26 million in development of ministries
  2. Rudeineh: Washington us unable to achieve anything by itself
  3. US: “No plan for unilateral annexation by Israel of the West Bank"
  4. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  5. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  6. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  7. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  8. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  9. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  10. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp

Israeli forces raid Hebron home

Aug. 21, 2011 10:16 P.M. (Updated: Aug. 24, 2011 9:16 A.M.)
HEBRON (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces raided the Hebron home of Hasan Ali Darwish Al-Qawasmi on Sunday evening, demolishing two rooms in an explosion, witnesses said.

Around nine Israeli military vehicles surrounded the house before storming it and harassing family members, locals told Ma'an.

Al-Qawasmi had been previously detained 10 days ago by Israeli forces, accused of membership of Hamas. He was brought to the house during the raid, and an object was detonated, destroying two rooms of the house, onlookers said.

A Ma'an correspondent said clashes broke out between Israeli forces and local youth who threw stones. Soldiers returned tear gas and sound grenades, and 15 people were taken to Hebron's Al-Ahli hospital.

Photojournalists Abdul Hafith Al-Hashlamon and Abdul Ghani An-Natsheh inhaled tear gas and suffered breathing difficulties, the correspondent said.

Palestinian security officials told Ma'an that overnight Sunday Israeli forces entered and surrounded Hebron-area villages Halhul, Dura, and Ad-Dhahiriya.

An Israeli army spokeswoman said she was not aware of the incident.
Most Read
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015