Thursday, Sept. 19
Latest News
  1. Palestinian goverment: 26 million in development of ministries
  2. Rudeineh: Washington us unable to achieve anything by itself
  3. US: “No plan for unilateral annexation by Israel of the West Bank"
  4. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  5. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  6. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  7. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  8. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  9. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  10. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp

Hamas: No Gaza role in deadly Eilat attacks

Aug. 18, 2011 5:03 P.M. (Updated: Aug. 19, 2011 5:17 A.M.)
GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- Hamas has denied accusations by the Israeli defense minister that Gaza was the source of attacks in southern Israel that left at least seven people dead Thursday.

Hamas leader Salah Bardawil told Ma'an radio that Israel blamed Hamas and Gaza groups in order to deflect attention from its domestic economic crisis and security failures.

Bardawil warned that Israel was preparing to attack Gaza during Ramadan, adding that resistance would be swift if this occurred.

Hamas leader Ismail Radwan, meanwhile, condemned the "massacre in Rafah" and told Ma’an that "this crime won’t stop the resistance and won’t stop all Palestinians."

He added that Hamas was taking every relevant action following Israel's threats.

Israel's defense minister, Ehud Barak, said earlier in a statement that "The real source of the terror is in Gaza and we will act against them with full force and determination."

Barak also said the attack reflected a "weak Egyptian hold" on the Sinai.
Most Read
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015