Saturday, Feb. 23
Latest News
  1. Israeli forces injure Palestinian teen, suppress Hebron march
  2. 3 Palestinians shot, injured by Israeli forces near Ramallah
  3. Israel's first spacecraft successfully rockets towards moon
  4. Israeli forces detain 2 Palestinians near Jericho
  5. Israeli forces injure 6 Palestinians, including child, in Gaza
  6. Palestinians open Al-Aqsa gate sealed since 2003
  7. Israel releases 3 Gazan fishermen, 1 remains in custody
  8. Israeli bulldozers raze lands in central Gaza
  9. Israeli settlers attack Palestinian school in Urif
  10. Palestinians perform prayers at sealed Al-Aqsa gate

Delays continue at Rafah crossing

Aug. 12, 2011 3:08 P.M. (Updated: Aug. 13, 2011 11:01 A.M.)
GAZA CITY (Ma’an) -- The Gaza Ministry of Interior said Friday that passengers registered on August 7 could travel through the Rafah crossing to Egypt on Saturday.

Recent delays at the crossing have prevented registered passengers from traveling on their scheduled journeys, with daily lists prescribing who will be given passage.

The ministry instructed passengers to proceed to Abu Yousef An-Najjar hall in the southern city of Khan Younis. People holding residency visas abroad, or foreign passports, will also be permitted to travel.

The southern terminal, which is the only entry and exit point from the Gaza Strip not controlled by Israel, was opened to travelers in May 2011.

Egyptian and Gazan authorities have struggled to cope with huge demand and coordinating procedures, leading to travel delays.

Ministry of Interior undersecretary Kamel Abu Madi said Friday that no progress had been made in resolving areas of conflict with Egypt over the last months, including the number of travelers permitted per day, and criteria for passage.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015