Sunday, Aug. 02
Latest News
  1. Kerry pledges support for Egypt in Cairo talks
  2. UAE to try 41 on charges of seeking 'caliphate'
  3. Two Turkish troops killed in 'PKK suicide attack'
  4. Iraqis protest over poor services, salty tap water
  5. Exiled Yemen PM makes symbolic Aden visit to lead restoration
  6. New Taliban leader calls for unity in ranks in first audio message
  7. Iraqi Kurdistan leadership says PKK should leave
  8. Kerry lands in Egypt on first leg of Mideast tour
  9. Iraqis protest over poor services, salty tap water
  10. Dozens dead as Syria army 'pushes back rebels near regime heartland'
  11. Yemen PM returns to Aden from Saudi exile
  12. Airport source: Yemen PM returns to Aden from Saudi exile
  13. New Taliban leader calls for unity in ranks in first audio message
  14. Iraqis vent rage at power shortages, 'corrupt' leaders
  15. Report: Some 260 PKK members killed in Turkey air strikes
  16. Iraqi Kurdistan urges Turkey to halt PKK bombardment
  17. Bin Laden relatives killed in UK plane crash
  18. Five Libyan troops killed, 18 missing after 'IS attack'
  19. 'Qaeda' suicide bombing kills 9 in Yemen
  20. Al-Qaeda in Syria attacks US-trained rebel base

Israeli forces demolish home, barn near Qalqiliya

May 30, 2011 12:23 P.M. (Updated: June 1, 2011 2:59 A.M.)
QALQILIYA (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces on Monday demolished a home and a barn in the Bedouin village Arab Abu Farda south of Qalqiliya, locals said.

The home and barn of Abdul Qader Farda were leveled to the ground, village council president Salem Abu Farda told Ma'an.

The local official said officers from Israel's Civil Administration claimed to have notified Qader Farda that his home would be demolished. But he never received any notices, the council president said.

Abu Farda said Israeli authorities were trying to force the local population from the area to expand the nearby Jewish-only Alfe Menashe settlement.

He urged human rights groups to visit the area, and said residents would not leave their land.

A spokesman for Israel's Civil Administration said "the dismmantling of the structre [was] a regular law enforcment activity."

He said the family had been given a stop work order and then a demolition order in March 2010. The family, according to the official, "have hired a lawyer that sent us a letter, which means they were aware of the orders being given."

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015