Tuesday, Feb. 28
Latest News
  1. Israeli forces raid grocery near Bethlehem, confiscate hard drives
  2. 9-year-old Palestinian girl, teenage boy injured during Israeli raid
  3. Fatah movement says Facebook shut down the movement's official page
  4. Courts sentence Palestinian, Israeli to prison over stabbing attacks
  5. Citing betrayal by Israel, Bedouin soldiers refuse to report for duty
  6. Abbas calls on UNHRC to intervene in Israeli-Palestinian conflict
  7. Knesset seeks to pass bill hindering leftist NGO access to state info
  8. Israeli forces raid home of slain Palestinian teen, threaten family
  9. Israeli forces detain 41 Palestinians in West Bank and Israel
  10. UNRWA suspends employee over Israeli accusations of Hamas involvement

Al-Aqsa spokesman denies bin Laden statement

May 3, 2011 8:07 P.M. (Updated: May 5, 2011 10:21 A.M.)
GAZA CITY (Ma’an) -- The spokesman of Fatah's military wing on Tuesday denied issuing a statement marking Osama bin Laden's death.

Abu Uday of the Al-Aqsa Brigades said the group did not and had no plans to comment because bin Laden's death was unrelated to Palestine.

He said a statement received by Ma'an's Gaza City office must have been forged as the armed group "doesn't know anything about it."

The statement issued in Al-Aqsa's name said the group was "shocked with the news that bin Laden had been killed by the non-believers." "The fighters in Palestine and around the world ... did not stop their mission," it said.

Palestinian reactions to the death of bin Laden have been mixed.

Salam Fayyad, the premier in Ramallah, said it increased chances for peace, while Gaza-based prime minister Ismail Haniyeh condemned it as an extension of American's foreign policy based on killing.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2017