Thursday, Oct. 17
Latest News
  1. Palestinian goverment: 26 million in development of ministries
  2. Rudeineh: Washington us unable to achieve anything by itself
  3. US: “No plan for unilateral annexation by Israel of the West Bank"
  4. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  5. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  6. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  7. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  8. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  9. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  10. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp

Group denies involvement in settler attack

March 13, 2011 9:31 P.M. (Updated: March 13, 2011 9:32 P.M.)
GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- Leaders of an armed faction calling itself "Imad Mughniyya Group" on Sunday denied involvement in the killing of five Israelis from the same family in Itamar settlement overnight Friday.

West Bank affiliates of the group issued a statement Saturday claiming responsibility for the attack. But the faction's leadership in Gaza said it the group was not responsible, and that the brigade's struggle was for "freedom and dignity not killing and bloodshed."

The resistance had abandoned many attacks in the past due to the presence of children, the group said in a statement Sunday.

Israeli authorities have dismissed statements from the group in the past, as it has claimed responsibility for other operations that may have been the work of others. It is believed to be linked to Fatah.

So far, no other faction has claimed the attack, and the perpetrators remain unidentified.
Most Read
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015