Wednesday, Nov. 21
Latest News
  1. Israeli bulldozers demolish Palestinian home near Nablus
  2. PLO condemns Israel's demolition campaign in East Jerusalem
  3. Israeli court upholds administrative detention of 23 Palestinians
  4. Palestinian prisoner to be released after 30 years of imprisonment
  5. Erekat: 'Israel should be condemned at UN, not Hamas'
  6. Krahenbuhl applauds international effort for keeping UNRWA afloat
  7. PLO member among 10 detained by Israeli forces
  8. Israeli demolition campaign in Shufat refugee camp commences
  9. Palestinian stabbing attack suspect turns himself in
  10. Israel to demolish dozens of Palestinian shops in East Jerusalem

Israel: 2 injured by projectiles launched from Gaza

Jan. 8, 2011 3:35 P.M. (Updated: Jan. 9, 2011 5:17 P.M.)
TEL AVIV, Israel (Ma'an) -- Two foreign workers were injured on Saturday by two projectiles launched from the Gaza Strip, an Israeli military spokeswoman said.

The mortar shells landed in Sha'ar HaNegev Regional Council at around 2:20 p.m., the spokeswoman said. Two shells landed in populated areas and a third landed in open territory, she added.

The workers, from Thailand, were moderately to seriously injured, she said, adding that a further four were suffering from shock.

The Al-Quds Brigades, a military wing affiliated to the Islamic Jihad, said it fired several mortar shells towards the Nahal Oz military post east of Gaza City at 2 p.m.

In a statement, the Brigades said the attack confirmed the right to resistance.

At around 4:30 p.m., another shell fired from Gaza landed in the Eshkol Regional Council, but no injuries were reported.

So far no faction has claimed the launch.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015