Saturday, May 25
Latest News
  1. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  2. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  3. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  4. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  5. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  6. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  7. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp
  8. Israeli forces attack, injure Palestinian youths in Jerusalem
  9. Germany to condemn BDS movement as 'anti-Semitic'
  10. FM to UK Parliament: Two-state solution could reach point of no return

In Photos:
In photos: Settlers disrupt Burin olive harvest

Oct. 13, 2010 10:21 A.M. (Updated: Oct. 14, 2010 11:02 A.M.)
Click image to enlarge or see more

MaanImages

Israeli residents living on the illegal West Bank settlement of Yitzhar in the northern West Bank district of Nablus have been disrupting the olive harvest in the nearby Burin village since the season began in early October.

Nameer At-Tirawi, 28, said more than 50 settlers descended upon the village and began throwing stones at residents, adding that there were clashes between them until Israeli forces arrived at the scene. On his five dunums of land near the settlement, At-Tirawi said more than 40 trees were cut down by settlers during last year's harvest.

One farmer said two bags of harvested olives had been stolen by settlers, who also tried to steal a horse from another Palestinian farmer.

Palestinian Authority official charged with the northern settlement file Ghassan Doughlas said settlers have stolen harvested olives from Yanun, Burin and Orta villages, and uprooted or cut down several trees.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015