Tuesday, May 26
Latest News
  1. Washington Post reporter stands trial in Iran for spying
  2. Austrian 14-year-old jailed on 'terrorism' charges
  3. Saudi beheads 88th person, exceeding last year's total
  4. Charter buys US giant Time Warner Cable in $78.7 billion deal
  5. Diplomat: France suspends security cooperation with Burundi
  6. Libya tribal chiefs meet in Cairo peace initiative
  7. Alleged UAE killer of American 'aware of her actions'
  8. Britain and Russia agree to resume talks on Syria
  9. Fierce fighting in Yemen as peace hopes fade
  10. Russia, Iran talks on S-300 missiles end in 'success'
  11. Washington Post reporter stands trial in Iran for spying
  12. Iran denies agreement on military site inspections
  13. Saudi Shiites prepare mass funeral for bombing victims
  14. Fierce fighting in Yemen as peace hopes fade
  15. Israel ex-PM Olmert sentenced to 8 months for corruption
  16. Iraq PM rebuts US criticism of security forces
  17. Syria regime 'launches 15 air raids around Palmyra'
  18. 'Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash killed in US car crash
  19. Report: Malaysia home minister says mass graves found
  20. Pentagon says Iraqi forces 'failed to fight' in Ramadi

Locals: Soldiers enter Iraq Burin village

Sept. 30, 2010 6:44 P.M. (Updated: Oct. 1, 2010 10:09 P.M.)
NABLUS (Ma'an) -- Two Israeli military jeeps entered Iraq Burin village in the northern West Bank on Thursday morning, locals reported.

Soldiers closed off a road and entered a resident's home, before heading to the roof, witnesses said. Forces reportedly looked around, and then left when approached by villagers.

An Israeli military spokeswoman was not familiar with any military incursions into the village on Thursday.

Residents said forces had not entered the village since 20 March, when soldiers fatally shot two local teenagers.

At the time, the Israeli military said forces opened fire to disperse a violent riot, and that the boys were shot with rubber bullets. However, medics and rights advocates pointed to photographic evidence and X-rays which they said proved that Useid Qadus, 16, and Muhammad Qadus, 16, were shot with live ammunition.

At the time, spokeswoman for the Israeli human rights group B'Tselem Sarit Michaeli said the army's explanation was "simply impossible and not consistent with the evidence."

An investigation by the group found that Muhammad and Useid were 100 meters from soldiers when they were shot, and were "clearly in no position to pose a grave threat to their lives." The investigation also said medical evidence raised "grave suspicion" that the teenagers were killed by live fire.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015