Friday, July 21
Latest News
  1. Al-Aqsa attack video made public as Adalah calls for release of bodies
  2. Israeli forces detain 21 Palestinians in overnight raids
  3. Israeli police detain 98 undocumented Palestinians working in Israel
  4. Abbas pushes international community to intervene over Al-Aqsa crisis
  5. Israeli soldiers kill Palestinian after alleged stabbing attempt
  6. Foreign visitors stand by Palestinians over status of Al-Aqsa
  7. Israel detains Palestinian woman visiting her 2 imprisoned children
  8. Leaders call on all Palestinians in Jerusalem to pray at Al-Aqsa
  9. Palestinians in West Bank, Gaza demonstrate in support of Al-Aqsa
  10. Israeli bill preventing Jerusalem's division passes reading in Knesset

Israeli couple injured in drive-by shooting

Sept. 26, 2010 9:01 P.M. (Updated: Sept. 28, 2010 9:34 A.M.)
HEBRON (Ma'an) -- An pregnant Israeli woman and her husband were injured Sunday evening in a shooting attack south of the West Bank city of Hebron, the Israeli army reported.

The couple were driving near the illegal Tene settlement, an Israeli military spokeswoman said, adding that both had been taken to Soroka Medical Center to be treated for moderate injuries.

A second car was also fired at in the same attack, but no passengers were reported injured.

The shooting came hours after Israeli soldiers shot a Palestinian at one of several peaceful anti-settlement protests held in Gaza on Sunday, rally organizers said.

Gaza's National Action Committee organized rallies in Al-Faraheen, east of Khan Younis in the southern Strip and in Al-Maghazi in central Gaza. A third rally headed to the separation wall north of the coastal enclave.

The Israeli army opened fire on the rally in Al-Faraheen, and one protester was seriously injured when soldiers shot him as he tried to place a Palestinian flag on the separation fence, organizers said.

An Israeli military spokeswoman said forces opened fire on protesters in the area as they approached the fence, which the Israeli military considers a combat zone. Demonstrators failed to respond to warning shots, she said, after which soldiers fired at the protesters' feet, injuring one.

So far, no group has claimed responsibility for the Hebron attack, but police are currently searching the area for suspects, the spokeswoman said. Locals reported that cars were barred from entering or leaving Hebron, as the army searched nearby towns and villages.

In a similar attack on 31 August, four settlers were killed when gunmen opened fire on their car in Hebron. A day later, a shooting attack on a car near Ramallah left two settlers injured.

Hamas' armed wing the Al-Qassam Brigades claimed responsibility for both attacks.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2017