Thursday, Aug. 22
Latest News
  1. Palestinian goverment: 26 million in development of ministries
  2. Rudeineh: Washington us unable to achieve anything by itself
  3. US: “No plan for unilateral annexation by Israel of the West Bank"
  4. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  5. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  6. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  7. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  8. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  9. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  10. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp

Israel 'holding remains' of Palestinians killed in 1969

Sept. 5, 2010 2:07 P.M. (Updated: Sept. 5, 2010 7:59 P.M.)
NABLUS (Ma’an) -- Israel has not returned the bodies of two Palestinians killed 41 years ago in the northern West Bank, relatives said Sunday.

Ahraf Othman, from Al-Majdal village south of Nablus, said his father Issa was killed by Israeli soldiers on 5 September 1969, and Muhammad Fazi from Qusra, north of the city, was killed on the same day 41 years ago Sunday.

The men, both Fatah operatives, died in a military operation near Jamma'In and Beit Furik, he said.

"I have an official certificate from Israeli forces proving that they killed my father, and all I want is to get his body back," Ashraf said adding that he would cooperate with the Palestinian National Campaign for the Release of Martyrs' Bodies to file a lawsuit against the Israeli government to bury his father in his village.

Last month, Israeli authorities delivered the remains of Mashhur Talab Al-Aruri to his village near Ramallah, 34 years after he was killed. It was not clear why his body was held for so long.
Most Read
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015