Wednesday, Sept. 02
Latest News
  1. Palmyra temple destruction a 'crime against civilization'
  2. Saudi-led coalition air strikes in south Yemen kill 20
  3. Lebanon police ejecting protesters from ministry
  4. Libya car bomb wounds one, damages office of Eni firm
  5. UN envoy to meet with Libya's Tripoli parliament ahead of talks
  6. Border agency: Migrants using fake Syrian passports to enter EU
  7. Migrant trains arrive in Austria as crisis deepens
  8. Turkish court arrests British journalists on terror charges
  9. Locals: Boko Haram kills nearly 80 in NE Nigeria villages
  10. Austria smuggler crackdown as Europe divided over migrant crisis
  11. 'Largest ever' Med gas field found off Egypt
  12. Egypt muezzin suspended over 'Facebook prayer call'
  13. 3 Canadians, Pakistani, Nigerian among dead in Saudi fire
  14. 'A Sinner in Mecca' documents gay Muslim pilgrimage
  15. A year on, Yazidis so close yet so far from Iraq hub
  16. Delayed Egypt elections to start on October 17
  17. Blast at Syria's Palmyra prompts fears for famed temple
  18. 11 dead, dozens hurt in fire at Saudi oil giant housing complex
  19. Red Crescent: 7 bodies wash up on Libya beach
  20. Egypt elections to start on October 17

Rafah crossing open for third consecutive day

June 3, 2010 1:37 P.M. (Updated: June 4, 2010 9:29 A.M.)
Gaza – Ma'an – Egyptian authorities opened the Rafah crossing for the third consecutive day on Thursday, with no end to the open crossing announced, civilians and limited aid passed through the terminal.

Manager of the Gaza side of the Rafah crossing Salameh Barakeh told Ma’an over the phone that the crossing is open for the free travel of patients, foreign passport holders, those with residency status in other countries, students and internationals.

A total of eight buses will be allowed to pass through the border on Thursday, Barakeh said, with one already across by noon. The crossing opened at 9am, for the third day in a row.

On Wednesday, 793 passengers left Gaza, though some 293 were not allowed to pass for unstated reasons. The de facto government minister of health was among those refused.

Security sources said Egyptian authorities were preparing packages of aid, including generators, tents and foodstuffs approved by the Egyptian Red Crescent Society, in addition to a number of ambulances, for transport through the crossing on the orders of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.

The crossing was opened on Tuesday immediately after international calls to lift the siege on Gaza in the wake of an Israeli attack on an international aid flotilla that saw commandos shoot dead some ten activists.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015