Thursday, June 20
Latest News
  1. Palestinian goverment: 26 million in development of ministries
  2. Rudeineh: Washington us unable to achieve anything by itself
  3. US: “No plan for unilateral annexation by Israel of the West Bank"
  4. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  5. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  6. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  7. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  8. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  9. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  10. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp

Turkey condemns Israeli attacks killing 4 Palestinians

March 24, 2010 12:17 P.M. (Updated: March 24, 2010 8:57 P.M.)
Bethlehem – Ma'an – The Turkish Foreign Ministry condemned the Israeli slaying of four Palestinians last week, and expressed sadness over the loss of the citizens in a public statement issued Tuesday.

The government further expressed concern over media reports saying Israeli forces prevented ambulances from accessing the area, effectively reducing the quality of care Palestinians could receive following the attacks. Turkey condemned latest Israeli attacks on the Palestinians, killing four in the West bank city of Nablus.

"While joint confidence should be built among the parties, amidst repeated warnings and attacks we [the Turkish government] call on Israel to take the necessary precautions to ensure the prevention of these attacks and harassment by settlers on Palestinians in the West Bank."

Useid Qadus, 16, was shot in the head by Israeli forces during a protest on Saturday, medics said, and Muhammad Qadus, also 16, died of a wound to the chest shortly after a protest in Iraq Burin, another village south of Nablus.

The Israeli military said its forces opened fire with riot-control means to disperse a violent riot, denying allegations its soldiers used live ammunition against the two teenagers.

Medical officials and human rights advocates have disputed the army's version of events, pointing to photographic evidence and an X-ray they say proves the army used live fire.

On Sunday, Israeli soldiers shot dead two Palestinians near Nablus in the northern West Bank.

Palestinian security sources identified the victims as 19-year-old farmers Muhammad Faysal and Salah Muhammad Qawariq.

Both were from the Awarta village, southeast of Nablus, and were en route to farmland carrying agricultural tools and herbicide, the same sources said.

Israel's army said the two attempted to stab a soldier who was on a "routine patrol" near the Awarta military checkpoint. "In response, forces opened fire and identified a direct hit," an army spokeswoman told Ma'an.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015