Thursday, Feb. 11
Latest News
  1. 16-year-old Palestinian shot dead during clashes in Hebron's al-Arrub
  2. Israeli forces blockade Bethlehem-area village after nearby stabbing
  3. Israeli forces detain 12 Palestinians across West Bank
  4. PA fails to cover Gaza student tuition fees pledged last year
  5. Knesset approves divisive 'NGO transparency bill' in first reading
  6. Israeli settler wounded in Gush Etzion stabbing
  7. Foreign press voices dismay as Israel alleges media bias
  8. Hamas fighter killed in week's 2nd deadly tunnel collapse
  9. PLO condemns Hamas military wing for execution in Gaza Strip
  10. 2 Palestinian girls detained after alleged stabbing attempts

Al-Aqsa Brigades claim Gaza shelling

Dec. 28, 2009 10:44 A.M. (Updated: Dec. 29, 2009 10:20 A.M.)
Gaza – Ma’an – The Al-Aqsa Brigades, the armed wing of Fatah, said on Monday that they fired a homemade projectile overnight at an Israeli installation near the Kissufim crossing in the central Gaza Strip.

The group said in a statement that this was in retaliation for the Israeli operation in the West Bank city of Nablus on Saturday when three Al-Aqsa-affiliated men were killed.

An Israeli military spokesperson said officials were not aware of any such event.

"From an initial check the IDF is not aware of any shelling or any rocket falls in the Kissufim area," a military representative said over the phone.

Israeli special forces killed the three Nablus men alleging that they were linked to the fatal shooting of a settler on Thursday night.

Also on Saturday, Israeli force shot death three Palestinians who Israel claimed tried to enter Israel. Palestinian officials said the three were collecting scrap metal near the border.

Saturday’s violence was the worst Israeli-Palestinian death toll since the end of Israel’s three week offensive on Gaza last winter which left 1,400 Palestinians and 13 Israelis dead.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2016