Saturday, Aug. 24
Latest News
  1. Palestinian goverment: 26 million in development of ministries
  2. Rudeineh: Washington us unable to achieve anything by itself
  3. US: “No plan for unilateral annexation by Israel of the West Bank"
  4. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  5. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  6. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  7. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  8. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  9. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  10. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp

Three injured during clashes as Israeli forces search for Al-Quds Brigades leader in Al-Far'a camp

Nov. 3, 2008 10:44 A.M. (Updated: Nov. 3, 2008 10:44 A.M.)
Nablus - Ma'an - One young man and two boys were injured during clashes with Israeli troops invading Al-Far'a refugee camp north of Nablus early Monday morning.

Three Palestinans were arrested from neighboring towns as Israeli forces carried out a widespread military operation.

More than 40 military vehicles entered the camp area, and soldiers imposed a curfew, preventing civilians from leaving their homes to go to work and school.

Palestinian medical sources confirmed that 22-year-old Mohammad Fu'ad Sawalmah sustained three bullet wounds in his chest and thigh and was transferred to a hospital with severe blood-loss. Also in serious condition is 11-year-old Ihab Ghaleb Balaydah who was shot in back and immediately hospitalized.

Twelve-year-old Yousef Munir Al-Abushi was shot in the hand with a rubber-coated bullet and was transferred to hospital for treatment.

Sources confirmed that Israeli forces evacuated women from their homes and forced them into public streets inside the camp. Groups of young men attempted to close several streets in the camp in order to prevent Israeli military vehicles from accessing them.

Confrontations between the young men and Israeli forces erupted when vehicles reached the barricades, and two young men were injured, one seriously.

Eyewitnesses said Israeli forces detained 20-year-old Ahmad Jaber Zallat a Fatah-affiliated student in An-Najah University after storming dozens of homes in the camp.

Israeli forces raided the house of Tahssin Al-Humoud in Wad Al-Badhan and transferred it to a military base after putting all members of the family in one room.

In response to clashes Israeli troops fired gas-bombs into the area, causing two women forced into the street to faint. One of the women was identified as 60-year-old Aisha Ja'aytah.

The Al-Far'a refugee camp had been subject to widespread raids recently, which are said to be escalating attempts to detain a senior Al-Quds Brigades leader.

A second caravan of Israeli forces detained three young men from the nearby villages of Beit Iba and Kafr Qalil.

Security sources identified those detained as 17-year-old Issam Mohammad Hamad and 18-year-old Shibli Mir'eb Mash'ati from Kafr Qalil in the south of Nablus. The young man from Beit Iba was not identified.

***Updated 11:10 Bethlehem time
Most Read
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015