Tuesday, May 21
Latest News
  1. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  2. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  3. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  4. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  5. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  6. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  7. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp
  8. Israeli forces attack, injure Palestinian youths in Jerusalem
  9. Germany to condemn BDS movement as 'anti-Semitic'
  10. FM to UK Parliament: Two-state solution could reach point of no return

1,952 exit Gaza via Rafah Saturday; Sunday students and patients to follow

Aug. 31, 2008 10:56 A.M. (Updated: Aug. 31, 2008 10:56 A.M.)
Gaza - Ma'an - On Saturday 1952 people left the Gaza strip through Rafah crossing and 882 entered the area from Egypt.

Spokesperson of the Gaza crossing points department Muhammad Udwan said that those who left Gaza included Egyptian citizens, those who hold Egyptian residency, foreign passports or valid travel documents.

Udwan applauded the high-level coordination between Egyptian and Palestinian officials at the crossing.

The de facto government interior ministry announced that patients and students would be allowed to pass through Rafah crossing Sunday. The ministry said 400 hundred patients, whose names have been published on the ministry website and whose documents are completed by the health ministry, will be allowed to leave Gaza.

With regards to attendants for the ill, the ministry said only one attendant can accompany women or children under the age of 15. As for other cases, officials said, it is up to doctors in Egypt to determine whether a patient needs an attendant or not, at which point appropriate papers will have to be filed.

For students enrolled in Egyptian universities, the ministry of interior said they should have a registration document or a university identification card. Those who study abroad must have a visa for the country they are heading to.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015