Wednesday, May 22
Latest News
  1. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  2. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  3. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  4. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  5. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  6. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  7. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp
  8. Israeli forces attack, injure Palestinian youths in Jerusalem
  9. Germany to condemn BDS movement as 'anti-Semitic'
  10. FM to UK Parliament: Two-state solution could reach point of no return

Israeli forces injure and detain citizens in Beit Ummar

July 27, 2008 12:11 A.M. (Updated: July 27, 2008 12:11 A.M.)
Hebron - Ma'an - Clashes broke out in the Beit Ummar, north of Hebron, on Friday when Israeli military vehicles invaded the village and soldiers opened fire randomly with rubber-coated bullets and live ammunition. Four citizens were wounded and four were arrested.

An Israeli soldier shot 17-year-old Muhammad Musa Younis 'Arar in the face with a rubber-coated bullet from a close distance. Israeli forces then detained 'Arar, preventing medical staff from reaching him, and severely beat his brother, 30-year-old Mujib Musa Younis 'Arar, when the latter tried to help Muhammad. Mujib was also detained, and the two brothers were taken by Israeli forces to an unknown location.

Three other Beit Ummar residents were injured by Israeli forces. 'Amr Shawkat Abd Ar-Rahman 'Alqam was shot in the arm and is in stable condition, while Salih Mustafa Ikhlayil and 27-year-old Ahmad 'Ali 'Aqil were both shot in the foot with rubber-coated bullets and moderately injured.

Sources from the Palestine Solidarity Project, which is based in Beit Ummar, also reported that Israeli forces stormed the village of Safa, north of Beit Ummar, raiding the home of Kussab 'Ali Abu Dayya and arresting his son, 20-year-old Laith Kussab 'Ali Abu Dayya, and nephew, 20-year-old Murad Ibrahim Ahmad Abu Ayyash. Israeli forces destroyed the family's furniture and belongings, including a computer and mobile phone.

Finally, Israeli forces hit a foreign solidarity activist who was trying to document the events, seizing her camera. When Beit Ummar residents intervened to try to help her, Israeli soldiers prevented them from reaching her. The activist was forced to delete the pictures on her camera, and threatened by Israeli troops.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015