Wednesday, Oct. 23
Latest News
  1. Palestinian goverment: 26 million in development of ministries
  2. Rudeineh: Washington us unable to achieve anything by itself
  3. US: “No plan for unilateral annexation by Israel of the West Bank"
  4. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  5. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  6. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  7. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  8. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  9. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  10. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp

Israeli forces shoot, kill 2 Palestinians, injure another in Ramallah

March 4, 2019 11:27 A.M. (Updated: March 5, 2019 12:35 P.M.)
RAMALLAH (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces opened fire at a Palestinian vehicle, killing two Palestinians and injuring a third in the Kafr Nimeh village, west of the central occupied West Bank city of Ramallah, early Monday morning.

While locals reported that the incident was a “normal” car accident, Israeli soldiers claimed that it was a vehicular attack.

Locals identified the two killed Palestinians as Amir Mahmoud Jumaa Darraj, 20, from the Kharbatha al-Misbah village, and Youssef Raed Mahmoud Anqawi, 20, from Beit Sira.

The third youth, who was injured, was identified as Haitham Bassem Jumaa Alqam, 20, from the Safa village.

Sources added that the three were workers and were on their way to their workplace, when they were surprised by Israeli soldiers, their vehicle slipped on the wet road hitting the soldiers’ military vehicle.

Two soldiers were injured, including one critical injury, before Israeli soldiers opened heavy fire at the vehicle.

Kafr Nimeh’s Mayor, Khaldun al-Dik, said that the shooting occurred at around 3:00 a.m. in an area with rough roads, which raises the probability that it was a car accident.

Clashes erupted between locals and Israeli forces afterwards, during which the soldiers heavily fired tear-gas bombs.

Sources said that dozens of locals suffered from tear-gas inhalation.

Following the incident, Israeli forces sealed off the village, preventing students from reaching their schools and assaulting others.

Hebrew-language news outlets reported that according to initial reports the Israeli soldiers’ vehicle had broken down, which forced them to pull over on the side of the road, before being attacked by a Palestinian vehicle.

Israeli forces had raided the village on predawn Monday and carried out detention raids.

Most Read
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015