Sunday, May 26
Latest News
  1. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  2. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  3. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  4. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  5. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  6. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  7. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp
  8. Israeli forces attack, injure Palestinian youths in Jerusalem
  9. Germany to condemn BDS movement as 'anti-Semitic'
  10. FM to UK Parliament: Two-state solution could reach point of no return

Israeli forces to demolish 2 homes in Nablus-area village

Feb. 7, 2016 10:06 P.M. (Updated: March 10, 2016 6:57 P.M.)
NABLUS (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces on Sunday issued a demolition order for two houses in the northern occupied West Bank district of Nablus's Yitma village on the grounds of the buildings lacking permits, a local monitor told Ma'an.

Ghassan Doughlas said Israeli forces raided the Area C village and issued demolition orders to two homes belonging to Muhammad Fajr al-Najjar and Khalil Ibrahim al-Najjar.

While demolitions in the occupied West Bank decreased by 10 percent in 2015 from the previous year, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) reported that 539 Palestinian-owned structures were still demolished, leaving many Palestinians homeless.

The majority were demolished in Area C, which is under full Israeli control, on the grounds of lacking building permits.

In order for Palestinians to build in Area C, land owners must obtain building permits from Israeli authorities.

OCHA found that between 2010 and 2014, only 1.5 percent of 2,020 building permit requests submitted were approved.

"Official data released by the Israeli authorities indicate that over 11,000 demolition orders -- affecting an estimated 17,000 Palestinian owned structures, including homes -- are currently ‘outstanding’ in Area C of the West Bank," OCHA said in a statement last year.

At least 77 percent of demolition orders against structures were located on private Palestinian land.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015