Thursday, July 18
Latest News
  1. Palestinian goverment: 26 million in development of ministries
  2. Rudeineh: Washington us unable to achieve anything by itself
  3. US: “No plan for unilateral annexation by Israel of the West Bank"
  4. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  5. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  6. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  7. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  8. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  9. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  10. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp

Israeli settlers attack Palestinian journalists near Hebron

Oct. 9, 2015 10:29 P.M. (Updated: Oct. 9, 2015 11:21 P.M.)
(MaanImages/Mamoun Wazwaz)
HEBRON (Ma'an) -- A group of Israeli settlers attacked Palestinian journalists covering an alleged stabbing attack in the illegal settlement of Kiryat Arba earlier on Friday, witnesses said.

Settlers physically and verbally assaulted the journalists, shouting anti-Palestinian curses and snatching some of their gear while Israeli forces looked on.

The attack came after Muhammad Fares Abdullah al-Jaabari, 19, was shot dead on scene after allegedly stabbing an Israeli border policeman and leaving him with light injuries.

Israeli settlers throughout the West Bank and East Jerusalem have continued to carry out violent reprisals since two settlers were shot dead near Nablus on Oct. 1.

Witnesses to many of the attacks say they were carried out in the presence of armed Israeli forces.

Earlier on Friday, a group of Israeli settlers attacked Palestinian homes in the al-Ras and al-Jaabari neighborhoods in the Hebron area, throwing rocks and shouting slogans against Arabs and Palestinians, locals said.

In the neighboring city of Yatta, a group of Israeli settlers attacked a Palestinian home, smashing property.

In the Nablus area, dozens of Israeli settlers attempted an attack on Palestinian farmers who were picking olives in their land in the the village of Yanun, but were stopped by local guarding committees.

Separately, around 50 settlers from the illegal Elon Moreh settlement east of Nablus attacked al-Rajeh area east of Rujeib village, destroying dozens of olive trees.

Such attacks have left Palestinian locals on guard as the Palestinian Authority has no jurisdiction over the settlers and Israeli forces rarely intervene to protect Palestinians being attacked.

Earlier this week, the Middle East director at Human Rights Watch, Sari Bashi, said: “The Israeli military should protect Palestinians from so-called revenge attacks."

(MaanImages/Mamoun Wazwaz)

(MaanImages/Mamoun Wazwaz)

(MaanImages/Mamoun Wazwaz)
Send Comment
Name:
Country:
Comment:(300 chars)
Send
Most Read
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015