Sunday, Aug. 18
Latest News
  1. Palestinian goverment: 26 million in development of ministries
  2. Rudeineh: Washington us unable to achieve anything by itself
  3. US: “No plan for unilateral annexation by Israel of the West Bank"
  4. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  5. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  6. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  7. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  8. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  9. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  10. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp

Clashes as Israeli forces raid Nablus, 5 detained

July 28, 2012 10:15 A.M. (Updated: July 29, 2012 3:32 P.M.)
NABLUS (Ma’an) -- Nineteen Palestinians were hospitalized in Nablus in the northern West Bank overnight after they inhaled large amounts of tear gas during clashes between young Palestinians and Israeli troops who stormed the city overnight.

Locals said military vehicles along with special forces raided the city’s Ras al-Ayn, Khallat al-Eiman and Khallat al-Amoud neighborhoods 2 a.m. Saturday and detained five young men. Meanwhile, the invading forces demolished the interior of the house of Omar al-Kharouf which became a ramshackle, and was evacuated as a result.

Among the detainees were 23-year-old Thaer Subih and Abdullah Omar al-Kharouf, 24. Al-Kharouf was beaten and the interior of his family home was demolished.

Undercover Israeli forces entered the Ras al-Ayn neighborhood in a white bus before they broke into home of Hannoun and detained Sami Hannoun and his brother Shadi, locals said.

Red Crescent officials told Ma’an that 19 people were taken to public hospitals after they inhaled tear gas which the soldiers fired heavily. They said the tear gas was fired at ambulances while they evacuated people.

Two young men were also hit by a stun grenade. They were identified as Jihad Ghalaby and Wael Sbayyan.

The deputy governor of Nablus, Anan al-Atira, told Ma’an that the house which was bombed from inside was evacuated because it became a ramshackle and dangerous.

The governor’s office has rented an apartment and moved the family, he said.

Calls to Israel's military went answered early Saturday.
Most Read
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015