Wednesday, Sept. 18
Latest News
  1. Palestinian goverment: 26 million in development of ministries
  2. Rudeineh: Washington us unable to achieve anything by itself
  3. US: “No plan for unilateral annexation by Israel of the West Bank"
  4. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  5. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  6. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  7. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  8. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  9. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  10. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp

Israeli troops use tear gas to disrupt anti-wall demonstration in Ni'lin

Sept. 12, 2008 5:44 P.M. (Updated: Sept. 12, 2008 5:44 P.M.)
Bethlehem - Ma'an - Dozens of Palestinian and international protesters were asphyxiated when Israeli troops used tear gas against a peaceful demonstration against the construction of the Israeli separation wall in the West Bank village of Ni'lin on Friday.

The demonstrators attempted to hold the Friday Muslim prayer on land that would be de facto annexed to Israel by the construction of the barrier.

A'hed Al- Khwajah, coordinator of the anti-wall Popular Committee in Ni'lin said in a statement that "During the Friday prayers dozens of Israeli settlers who were carrying the Israeli flags and loudspeakers and accompanied by the Israeli soldiers, forced their way into the prayer session and disturbed the Sheikh who was giving the Friday sermon."

A Belgian peace delegation and a number of Palestinian youths were affected by the teargas.

Later that afternoon, a memorial was held for the 15 Palestinians, including two from Ni'lin, who have been killed by Israeli forces while protesting the Israeli wall.

On the 29 August, 10-year old Ahmed Mousa was shot in the head at close range by Israeli border police in Ni'lin after having removed some barbed wire around the construction site. He was killed instantly.

Seventeen-year-old Yousef Amira was then shot twice in the head with rubber-coated steel bullets at Ahmed's funeral the following day. He was that day declared brain-dead and died on 4 August.

Most Read
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015